Saturday, June 19, 2010

My DIY Light Box



At the Summit of Awesome one class I was especially interested in was how to improve my photographs using my own camera. I have a Nikon Coolpix P60 with 8.1 megapixels amd 5v Zoom, not that I know what any of that means. I am not someone who usually reads the instruction manual when I get something new, so it is no surprise that I didn't really know how to use my camera. After my class, I feel that I am a little better versed at taking pictures, but there is a whole ocean of knowledge to learn to really be a good photographer.

One helpful thing I learned was how to make my own light box. My kids were intrigued, but didn't understand what it was used for. To the best of my limited knowledge, it helps create better light and a seamless background for the items I am trying to photograph. My first attempt at a light box is a bit tipsy, but it will do for now.

To make your own light box and get some tips on photographing your own work, check out
http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/fortys-foto-tips-2-make-a-light-box-244 found on Etsy's Blog, the Storque.

No comments: