Friday, April 20, 2012

April Challenge Material- Woven Plastic Malt Bags

Woven Plastic Malt Bag

I know this is a little late in the month, but if you would like to join in the monthly challenge, the material to create with this month is plastic woven malt bags that were collected from local breweries.  The brewing industry is not the only one that has woven plastic bags as a waste product, but since I live in an area where brewing is so prominent, malt bags made sense.  Small breweries can use up to 100 bags of malt during a busy week of brewing.  I asked my brewer friend at Everybody's Brewing in White Salmon, Washington to save me some bags and he was easily able to collect all I needed in just a couple of days.



Create using the plastic malt bags and have your projects ready to turn in by Thursday May 3rd to be on display at Hood River's First Friday on May 4th at the Columbia Art Center.   You can pick up the malt bags at the Columbia Art Center during their business hours.  The challenge material will always be available for you to take in the studio.  Take as much as you need and  I can always get more! Contact me if you have any questions (rethink crafts@gmail.com).   I can't wait to see what is created with this month's challenge material!




No comments: